Since I’ve been practing gratitude on a daily basis my overall mood has greatly improved. My sleeping habits have gotten better, I’ve been more productive, and my relationship has been the best its ever been. Practicing gratitude will change your overall happiness for the better in most aspects of your life. Let’s get into a few ways you can add more gratitude to your life.
1. Journaling. I’ve gotten back into journaling recently. The first thing I do when I wake up is write in my journal and do a reading for myself. Jotting down what I’m grateful for as soon as I wake up really puts me in a better mood and sets the tone for my day.
2. Mindful Reflections. Reflect on the things that you are grateful for and maybe aren’t being so appreciative of. You can even make a list of things (or people for that matter) you take for granted and through the week try to practice more gratitude towards the items on your list.
3. Give out a compliment. Giving out compliments always makes me feel better because who doesn’t love a compliment? Brightening up somone else’s day makes you feel good and in turn brightens up your day too!
4. Unfollow gossip pages and gossip blogs. I have to say I actually felt better not having theshaderoom and hollywood unlocked on my Instagram feed spreading negativetity or just to criticize someone else. Try following pages that promote positive vibes only. You’ll be surprised by how little you think negatively people, including yourself.
5. Thank your loved ones. Is there anyone in your life that is always in your corner? Would you use the phrase “I can’t thank you enough” when you think of them? Try sending that person a text or an email and tell them thanks for being in your life.
In what ways do you practice gratitude? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!